The Hive is HoneyVR's global partner network of CGI artists who create exclusive 360° video-based VR films for distribution across virtual reality platforms. We compensate our Hive artists with an upfront fee and perpetual royalties to produce short but highly immersive VR experiences.
If you are a talented 3D animator / CGI artist, you can typically start creating VR films and experiences immediately with your existing software tools and expertise. The major difference in workflow is that you will need to render your animated works as a spherical (equirectangular projection), 360° MPEG-4 video with a 2:1 aspect ratio, as detailed in our content specs. Rendering can be done for free on our in-house render farm!
Here are just a few reasons to join the Hive and start creating VR content today.
- Money: Make good income at your own pace! We pay per piece, and you can make as many or as few as you choose. You’ll make upfront dollars per piece plus a high royalty each time your piece is viewed in the HoneyVR app.
- Fun: VR is truly a blast -- it is hands down the most fun medium for a creative CG artist! You will be immersed in your own animations in a way that you have never before experienced. Just don’t become too addicted.
- Exposure: HoneyVR provides significant artist exposure via media opportunities and active artist promotion within the HoneyVR app.
- Experience: VR is uniformly projected to be the breakout consumer product of 2016, at which point demand will surge for CG artists with VR works in their portfolios. HoneyVR allows you to get paid to build your VR portfolio.
- Creative Freedom: We have outlined our acceptable content types and guidelines within this document, however artists are required to pitch their own concepts and take full creative ownership of each work.
- Render Farm Access: HoneyVR provides all artists with free access to our in-house VR render farm to enable you to generate high quality renderings quickly and at no cost. We support leading 3D animation software tools such as Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema4D, Blender, Arnold, V-Ray, Mental Ray, Renderman, and much more.
- A Proven Team: HoneyVR was founded by proven entrepreneurs from the mobile technology industry who are passionate about VR as the next big entertainment platform.
PRICING AND PAYMENTS
HoneyVR pays Hive artists a combination of upfront fees and ongoing royalties based on views of your content. We are flexible to negotiate custom monetization models with content creators, but some examples of pricing includes:
- $2,000+ per VR short film plus a residual of $.01 each time your film is viewed within the HoneyVR app.
- $500+ per VR experience, plus a residual of $.01 per view.
- $10,000+ for certain additional content acquisition programs with higher fees, such as our Time Traveler series.
All residual payments are made on the second Tuesday of the month for revenue generated the month prior, and the upfront fee is paid within 7 business days of approval of your VR-ready content. Payments can be made via wire transfer, ACH, check, or PayPal.